Jett is a handsome black German Shepherd that is usually full of energy. One of most favorite things to do is to play fetch with his family.
One day, while playing with his human sister, a freak accident happened.
The three-year-old dog repeatedly ran after the ball and would return it to his playmate. But after a few throws, Jett managed to somehow swallow the ball after retrieving it. The ball got stuck in the dog's throat, and he started choking. His sister panicked and tried in vain to get the ball out.
But she couldn't do it. She quickly called their mom and told her what happened.
Their mom immediately rushed home and even informed the vet about what happened. Her plan was to grab the dog and bring him to the clinic right away. Her daughter and their dog were already waiting outside when she arrived.
As soon as the young lady and the pooch were safely inside the car, their mom sped towards the vets. At that time, the dog was still gasping hard for air. They all knew that they didn't have any time to spare. But just as they were close to the clinic, workers on the road were causing traffic.
There was no way around it.
Two kind strangers
The distraught mom rushed out of her car and went up to the workers. She pleaded to them for help. Two construction workers quickly followed the crying lady to her car and saw that the dog was barely breathing at all. By the time they got Jet outside, he had already stopped breathing.
One of the workers quickly reached in his throat and was able to get the ball out. Then the other guy started doing CPR and chest compressions on the motionless pooch. It didn't seem to have any effect at all. But they were persistent, and eventually, Jet lifted his head.
Soon enough, the dog was breathing on his own.
The dog's mom couldn't control her happiness. She kept thanking the two strangers repeatedly. Without them, Jet wouldn't have made it.